There was this popular saying which states growing up is a scam. In fact, this can be really true at a certain extent because of some things life might threw in your way from “making the toughest decision, Saying No, feeling confused, and etcetera.
Even quite recently when i dig a research on Google, the search results and keywords for “bad things about growing up” seems to be far more higher than “good things about growing up”.
But does all these really mean growing up ain’t interesting?
Of course, No!
On this post, we shall take a brief look at some interesting things about growing up. Shall we?
5 Positive and Interesting Things About Growing Up
1. You get to travel anywhere – Perhaps one of the best things about growing up is the freedom to do things you love without being restricted unlike when you’re a baby.
If you have a flexible job or earn well enough, you can decide to change your environment temporarily and go for a short trip to another places just to relax your spirit, learn, catch fun or some other purposes.
Life is an adventure to be explored, and the more you move around, the better you feel. Isn’t it?
2. Be Independent – I know it can be a little bit hard when you’re independent or trying to be knowing the fact that you’ll have to bear responsibility whether you make the right or bad choices. But then it’s going to be really interesting as you would feel less disappointed if you don’t depend so much on someone else like we do when we’re crawling as a baby.
Like if a crawling baby wants to take something from an high place, she would have to depend on her parents or older person for it else she won’t get her choice. But as regards Growing Up, you can decide to do something or choose not to.
3. Fall in Love – Love is undoubtedly one of the most powerful tool existing on earth which can move mountain if it’s a true one. A popular love quotes says thus;
“Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage” – Lao Tzu
Infact one of the most important 3 Tools You Can Use To Hack Life’s Negativity is Love. However at childhood, love is just a mere word and doesn’t have so much meaning but Growing Up, one gets to understand it better.
4. Skills & Career – Someone who loves Video Gaming once said “i wish i was still a kid, all i would have to do is Eat, Play Video Games, and Sleep without worrying about anything”. But the truth is; if the person didn’t grew up to that stage, he wouldn’t know what Video Games are talk less of how to play it or have you seen a 3 year old kid playing a video game before?
Just raise up your hand if you had cos i doubt it.
The person mentioned earlier who’s fond of Video Games was able to learn the skill while Growing Up not before growing up. The same thing applies to our other fields which includes Career too
5. You Begin To Understand Yourself Better – No one gets to understand his/her body in a day. As a girl, the first time you had your period, you’ll be like O.M.G, what’s this blood WHILE a boy might feel shameful when he first had his wet dream (especially) if you have not been briefed on it before by your parents or trusted guardian.
Apart from Puberty, growing up gives us the chance to discover who you are, what you want to become and how to be it. Like the services i mentioned on my page here and some other miscellaneous took a span of 4-5 good years! Wasn’t a day Job;)
Some people could do so many things without getting it wrong and all those things were learned during the process of growing up.
So you see; Growing up is an exciting time, you will just be fine no matter! Just trust in yourself and look at the bright side of things